La Gran Sabana - 4 days.
Description of the trip:
Ciudad Bolivar and Puerto Ordaz - Kamoirán:
• We start from Ciudad Bolivar or Puerto Ordaz.
• Visits to Cachamay Park.
Here we get the first impressions of the waterfalls that will accompany us throughout the trip.
• Continue to the peoples of Upata, Guasipati and El Callao, where we will visit an underground mine. There you can visit a mine while the miners extract gold.
• We will continue our journey on the highway until km. 88 and we will stop at La Piedra de la Virgen, a famous natural monument.
• Continue until you see the Gran Sabana, where to open a vislumbrante horizon.
• Finally we arrived at an inn located near the rapids of Kamoirán.
• Sleeping in a double room with private bathroom and a preset menu.
Trip to Aponwao
• Early in the morning, going for a rustic way to one of the most important waterfalls of the Gran Sabana, El Aponguao or Chinak Meru.
• When you reach Iboriro, we take a small boat approaching the jump, continue a short hike while the noise of water increases as we approach this beautiful Salto.
• We go to places around the falls, visiting Poso and Poso Hidden Lovers', a refreshing dip is inevitable.
• After enjoying the place back to Iboribo lunch.
• At the end of the afternoon we returned to Camp Kamoirán.
• Double room with private bathroom and preset menu.
Kamoirán - and Saltos Gulch, La Linea - St. Helena
• After breakfast and loading the vehicle, we began our journey south visiting various waterfalls, including Salto Kawi, Salto Kama, Mirador and The Bear.
• From here we can see the spectacular and imposing Tepuyes, which will accompany us during the ride to the Gran Sabana.
• Continuing south we arrive at Quebrada Pacheco or Arapan Meru, then Quebrada Soroape, Yuruaní Salto, La Cortina, Jaspe, until the visit to La Linea (Border with Brazil).
• Most of the evening we move to a camp in Santa Elena.
• You stay in a double room with private bathroom and a preset menu.
Santa Elena, Ciudad Bolivar and Puerto Ordaz
• After an early breakfast we return to Ciudad Bolívar.
• Bilingual guide.
• All meals mentioned in the program.
• All visits to places indicated in the program.
• The best places to stay in La Gran Sabana.
• Double rooms with private bathroom.
• Ground transportation from Ciudad Bolivar or Puerto Ordaz.
• Clothes for hot weather.
• Wear something cold weather (at night)
• Sandals and walking shoes.
• Sheets or Sleeping bag.
• Soap and Shampoo Green.
• Hat or cap.
• mosquito repellent.
It is important to know:
We must have your passport or cedula.
Charter of vaccination against yellow fever (Indispensable to cross the border).
Piedra de la Virgen. A memorable place and that further down the road the scenery becomes "normal" to be the magical ancient lands.
Kamoiran Rapids. These quick little water is good for bathing, as shown in photo.
Gran Sabana. This land is only 2 billion (two billion years) old. Time has made this country look unreal, it feels as if it is on another planet. The land is often pink - purple and the water is like red wine.
Jaspe. This cascade of solid rock is a gem, is made of jasper (a gemstone) which is more beautiful than marble and comes in shades of red and yellow.
Yuruani curtains. This waterfall is the best to view from another angle ... from behind the water, the water looks like a strange shade.
* Prices may vary according to season, fares and availability.
Contact us for updated prices or tailor-made trips to: www.lagransabana.travel (New official website of La Gran Sabana).
- Created on .
- Last updated on .
- Hits: 88064